Sunday, September 10, 2006

Self Actualization ?

I have recently lost passion in the work that I do. I don't know whether I should attribute it to the lack of fulfilment, or overdose of politics that I had to deal with. Whatever the case, it brought me to wonder what I wanted in my life and what do I actually want to do with it.

Earning the dough is fine and good. But somehow, it starts to feel that though the money is good, it probably is not worth it. Not worth making myself miserable. Can I settle for less and do something that I like ?

And WHAT would I like to do ? For a while, wanting to contribute to the homosexual community comes to my mind. Maybe it is for the feeling that I want to do something that people appreciate. And for once, I want to do something that I do not need to justify with ROI, bottom-lines and all that materialism/capitalism.

But again, I feel that in Singapore its hard to do that alone and yet able to get enough dough to upkeep the lifestyle that I want (no, just a car and a nice place to stay. I don't need LV or Armani at all) and tame the insecurities of retiring in Singapore with its raising medical costs and such.

Maybe that is why the urge to move out to my dreamland is stronger. So that I can actually start doing the things that I like, instead of selling my soul right now.

Somedays, I feel that I am being more cynical, more sacarstic, more evil-mouthed because of not having my self actualization and that is making me bitter in life.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:06:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish u will really be happy sooner or later... whaha... take care... jus blog hopping... visit mine too...

 
At Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:04:00 pm, Blogger TheJourneySoFar said...

Whatever it is, just remember that you can do whatever you want to do starting NOW...there is not need to wait for later. The time is never later but always now.

Just do a little by little... it will build up to a lot.

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 2:07:00 pm, Blogger Pluboy2 said...

hi fren..

i have been working in sg for only 1 and a half years.. and like u, i have the same kind of thinking..

but i decided to do soemthing about it.. quit my job and go back to kl.. and settle for something less but something that i wanted..

i came to sg for the love of money.. i love their dollars.. but sadly there is a price to pay.. i work like shit, being kick aroudn and push around to do all shit work for a peanut..

i am happy.. looiking forward to the day i am leaving singapore for good.. :)

cheers dude..

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 1:45:00 pm, Blogger thompsonboy said...

I think I love my job and always given the mickey because of my out loud proclaim of that but I guess there are days. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home