Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My Time as a Paedophile

When I got to know my second boyfriend. Everyone around me screamed "Paedophile !" and "Cradle-Snatcher !". I am not exaggerating.

I was 29, and he was 18+. It was just 2 months after I ended my relationship with my first bf. (My first bf was not my first relationship, in case you are wondering.)

I told him that it would most probably be a rebound affair and would not last. Still we had a "fling" for 3 months. His name is A.

A had just finished JC2, and just finished taking his A-levels. He was a little chubby, but looks cute. When my ex-landlord first found out that A was only 18, he gave me 'the look' and said "Wah ! You craddle-snatcher ah ?"

When my other friends (mostly straight) got to know A, we spent quite sometime together. But A couldn't really integrate with my friends that well. I guess not everyone can communicate with 18yo guys.

Out of respect, my friends didn't really object to our relationship or anything, except the occassional teasing of me being a paedophile.

I can summarize basically why I broke up the relationship :

(1) Different concept of the value of money.

Once, during a long talk, I offered A 2 choices. One was to get a fixed allowance of $200 per month from me. He can use it anyway he wants. The other, was to give him a credit card, but he has to pay me back whatever he spent on. The card is just to give convenience.

His question to me was "How much is the credit limit ?" I said it was $3,000. His final question was "Up to you lor. Between $200 and $3,000, you think lah." I was totally perplexed.

One is money for him to keep. The other is convenience and maybe "prestige", since he has been saying that his friend have debit cards and all sorts. How does he make the apple to beef comparison ?

(2) Childish and Vain behaviour.

He has many childish gestures. Not that I mind alot, but it is just evidence of childish mentality. Also, he compares latest mobile phones with peers, having debit/credit cards with peers, asking me why I do not buy a car, etc.

I guess that comes with the package of him being a teenager and all. And the fact that I was on austerity drive didn't help.

(3) Not much common interest.

Other than the great sex, we do not have much common interest. I think that is one great factor in maintaining a relationship.

I have always thought that age difference is not very important. Most of the time, it is the mentality that comes with the age that makes the difference. And in relation, I guess the difference between 2 persons the age of 18 and 28, is much greater than the difference between 2 persons the age of 38 and 48.

*****

Was watching South Park recently and last night I came across this episode with "NAMBLA". In the show, the man was defending his position with "I was born this way", "It is easier to prosecute something you do not understand". And the argument was "Hey Dude ! You have sex with children !"

It sounds EXACTLY like the defense from gays. The only difference here is children. Now I am sure we are all against rape and forcing sex on children. But what about pre-pubesent boys who are willing ? Early Teens who know what they are doing ?

I guess that is the stand of NAMBLA. I have yet to form my opinions on it, thus I shall not agree or disagree. But the fact is, children are smarter and more knowledgeable nowadays. I am sure there are even minors committing crimes knowing that they are immune to the laws.

Teenage boys and girls experimenting with sex. Be it straight or gay sex, it should not matter to them. Why is it that many people are more acceptable to a 14yo boy have sex with a girl, than if the same 14yo boy have sex with another boy ? Their reactions are different !

If sex is bad for them at that age, it shouldn't matter who they do it with : girl, boy, dog or sheep.

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 07, 2005 10:20:00 am, Blogger pleinelune said...

I am totally against the likes of NAMBLA, because they advocate preying on kids who don't know any better. Whether the kid agrees or not, at that age, he is not emotionally or physically ready to make a decision like that. Pedophilia is pedophilia, gay or straight.

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:59:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleinelune, that is such a loaded reply. So all lesbians are man-haters and butch, eh?

 
At Monday, June 04, 2007 5:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saltwetfish, I do not see the connection between the statement: "lesbians are man-haters and butch" and what pleinelune said. Please explain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home